Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Food in LA

Henry, Helen, and I took a trip out to LA to see family and I took pictures of most of the delicious things I ate.  Since I enjoy looking at pictures of food, I thought I'd post them here, in case you do too!  So, snapshots from LA!


The obligatory Salt Lick chopped beef sandwich at the Austin airport.


A really, really nice friend.



A sweet potato/avocado/pretzel bread sandwich and mini pies (salted caramel and missouri (yes, missouri) mud) from simplethings sandwich and pie shop.







Japanese pub food, aka izakaya, from FuRaiBo.  Grilled chicken skin (!), shishito peppers, miso eggplant (our favorite!), unbelievable chicken wings, lotus root chips, and grilled collarbone (?) of yellowtail.  Really fun.


Roasted chicken club with sweet potato fries from Rush Street, in Culver City.



Potted meats (pork and chicken liver pudding) and amazing charcuterie (head cheese with pickled mustard seed, pork shoulder, and homemade prosciutto) from the lovely Salt's Cure.




Fun with family! What a cute granny.

We also had wonderful Ethiopian food on our last night and we sat right next to Mindy Kaling and BJ Novak from the Office! Super fun.  The food was great, but too dark for photos! Meals by Genet in Little Ethiopia.

That's all! Yay food!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to go back to Fraibo for more of that miso eggplant and simplythings for that sandwich. I like looking at food pictures, too.
    I, also, love that picture of Granny.

    ReplyDelete